At the Skin Nurse Clinic we treat both men and women with large pores, sometimes referred to as open pores, it is a common complaint especially around the mid-face area on the T-Zone. The oil glands can become overactive and cause the pores to dilate. It is also a common side effect of both oily and dry skin. Sun exposure, acne and genetics also play a factor. Large pores can worsen as we age due to weakened skin laxity.
Large Pores Treatments at The Skin Nurse Clinic
We offer a wide variety of skin improvement treatments to tackle large pores, including a specialist range of cosmeceuticals. A good home care routine is essential for good skin and keeping the pores closed. The MD IMAGE range is excellent for this purpose. If the skin is hydrated and also treated with active products such as retionals, glycolic acid, lactic acid and high levels of vitamin C it helps keep the pores closed and improves the overall appearance of the skin. We offer a wide range of these products in the www.store.skinnurse.ie
- The first step in the right direction is to book in for a consultation with our dermatology nurse. Bring along all you products you are using and we will carry out a full skin assessment using our state of the art Foto-finder skin assessment camera.
- We will help you identify gaps in your skin care routine that will help you achieve an optimal skin care routine. Feedback from current patients at the Skin Nurse Clinic confirms that this is a really helpful step.
- We may apply a medical grade peel. Resurfacing peels are an excellent way to keep pores closed and together with a good home care regime you will see a big difference in your skin. From ‘dull and tired’ looking skin to ‘bright and fresh’.
- Medical peels can be combined with a Dermapen or micro-needling therapy. This stimulates collagen induction to improve poor quality skin and scarred skin so as to regenerate and repair your skin naturally and safely with long lasting results.
- Skin boosters such as sunekos and profhilo are fantastic for improving the appearance of smaller pores and keeping the skin youthful and plump. Tiny amounts of hyaluronic acid and amino acids are inserted with a micro-needle around the open pores which helps improve the appearance. We also use a prescription strength numbing cream, this procedure is very simple with minimal down time.
*DISCLAIMER Patient experience and results may vary. These are dependent on a number of factors such as lifestyle, age and medical history.